Empower and Engage!
Empowering you is good, but engaging you in a healthy lifestyle is more important! Empowering you is about providing you with an easy to use Health Score platform which helps you to take ownership of your own health and wellbeing. Engaging you is about keeping you motivated and active using the Cigna Health360 Score platform over a longer period of time and thereby adopting a healthier lifestyle.
The digital and mobile Cigna Health360 Score platform works as a Lifestyle Navigator. It is a great tool to empower you to take more personal ownership of your own health and wellbeing, which has obvious benefits. However, it is the engagement features that we have integrated in Cigna Health360 that make it sticky and help you adopt a healthier lifestyle over time. Cigna Health360 uses motivation techniques from behavioral science and online games, collaborative features from social networks and provides personalized feedback based on the data entered through the Cigna Health360 coaches.
Motivational Techniques from Online Games
Cigna Health360 applies various game design techniques, thinking and mechanics to the health and wellbeing context. These so-called gamification features encourage you to engage in more positive lifestyle behaviors:
- Challenges: Challenges are a great way to stimulate engagement amongst users and trigger the competitive spirit among family, friends and colleagues. It is also a great way to bring different communities together to compete within one, unified Cigna Health360 platform. On Cigna Health360, more than 115 different outdoor and indoor activities are recognized, which means that you can even arrange an “all activities” category challenge, where participants can track any of these fitness activities. This makes it very appealing for larger communities to participate, as some like to swim, others like to walk or run, etc. Creating a challenge on Cigna Health360 is very easy and can be done directly via the Cigna Health360 mobile app (or via the web access on www.cigna.co.th/health360). You can create individual or team challenges for your family and friends, and companies can set up corporate challenges which run on a closed environment and are only accessible to a part or to all company employees.
- Goals: Cigna Health360 developed a large number of achievable personal goals for different types of users and activities. The importance of recognizing personal progress and active engagement is broadly known. Therefore, when personal goals are achieved, Cigna Health360 provides recognition in form of icons and notifications. In each offered activity you can achieve different tiers of a goal. It recognizes activities done at every level of your life.
- Goals: Cigna Health360 also created goals which you can choose to join. They are created to motivate you to follow some workout routines for some time. Successfully attaining a goal is rewarded with Cigna Health360 points. Therefore, you are getting used to a new, healthier routine which helps you to stay active.
- Collaborative Features from Social Networks To increase the personal fun-factor and active engagement, you can connect with family, friends, colleagues and like-minded, comment on activities, follow others activities via the newsfeed and push information out to your favorite social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Personalized Lifestyle Feedback through the Cigna Health360 Coach
On Cigna Health360 you’ll find a coach for movement, a coach for nutrition and a general Cigna Health360 coach. The purpose of the coaches are to engage you, based on your passion and activities that trigger positive emotions in you. It is designed using best practices from behavioral science, online gaming and social networking.
The Cigna Health360 coach customizes the feedback based on your individual personality and behavior – essentially on factors such as your motivation factors, ability to make positive change and progress. The overall goal of the Cigna Health360 coach is to become your trusted virtual wellness coach by making it – Relevant (for you), Easy (to use) and Fun (to engage in) – the REF factor. Cigna Health360 is designed to maximize the REF factor for you.
Under the hood, the Cigna Health360 coach uses behavioral design and motivation principles from the so-called Self-Determination Theory (SDT), which focuses on intrinsic motivation. The 3 cornerstones are:
- Autonomy: You choose your goals and participate in activities on your own. The system only makes recommendations.
- Competence: Fun, realistic goals and progress towards these goals generates a sense of accomplishment which is further boosted with peer recognition and positive feedback.
- Relatedness: Friends and groups with similar interests make you more committed towards reaching those goals.
The Cigna Health360 coach provides reminders, tips and personalized advice in the form of notifications, questions and periodic statistics on your favorite mobile device. It also respects your preferences in terms of desired communication frequency.